A 3-year-old girl from Virar was on Saturday killed after a portion of ceiling plaster in the house fell on her, a senior civic official said. “The incident took place in the wee hours when the deceased Alija Kasar was sleeping in the first-floor apartment in ‘Shabana Manzil’ when the plaster from the ceiling fell on her,” Vasai Virar Municipal Corporation Chief Fire Officer Dilip Palav told PTI.
Officials said the entire ceiling did not collapse and only the portion of the plaster fell on her. The girl received severe injuries and died on the spot, Palav added.
Virar police said a case of accidental death was registered in this connection and a probe is on. No other family member was injured, they said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations