Thousands of tribal protesters have laid siege to the house of Maharashtra Tribal Development Minister Vishnu Savara at Wada in the district since this morning to press their various demands. The minister was not at his home, activists said.
The protest has been organised by the CPM.
Police have made elaborate security arrangement in the area.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Watch What Else Is Making News
Demands of the agitators include implementation of Forest Rights Act, improvement in the situation of Ashram Schools, work for the tribals under EGS, timely salaries for Anganwadi workers, etc.
The minister had recently faced the wrath of the locals in neighbouring Palghar district over his statement during the visit to a tribal area where malnutrition deaths were reported.