The Maharashtra government will soon start an ambulance boat service for the villages located near Mumbai, to ensure quick response in medical emergency. The ‘ambulance boat’ can speedily reach villages located near Mumbai, Maharashtra Health Minister Deepak Sawant told reporters on Monday.
The decision was taken at a meeting in Mumbai which was attended by Uran MLA Manohar Bhoir along with officials from the Public Works Department. Villages like Uran, Pali and Mhasala are located near Mumbai.
“The state government has also sanctioned the proposal of construction of a 100-bed rural hospital in Uran. The tender and other necessary documents will be cleared in next two months. I have also asked the PWD and state health officials to hold a joint visit in Uran for expediting the procedure for construction of the hospital,” Sawant, who is from the Shiv Sena, said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The need of the government hospital at Uran is mainly because of its proximity to the Mumbai Pune expressway. In case of an accidental emergency, a nearby government hospital would be helpful, said the Minister. Sawant also said another government run hospital is coming up near Panvel, which will be completed by February 2017.
“Panvel is close to Mumbai Pune e-way as well as Mumbai Goa highway and hence a well equipped hospital is must in the region” he added. The Panvel Municipal Council has been recently converted into a Municipal Corporation. Hence there is a need for up-gradation of several facilities and services. I have asked the officials from my department to release funds on priority basis for Panvel Municipal Corporation as well as for other similar infrastructural development in the health sector, Sawant added.