Four persons of a family, including two women, were killed on Friday when the vehicle they were travelling in rammed into a stationary tanker on Pune-Machilipatnam national highway in Maharashtra’s Solapur district, police said.
The mishap occurred around 9 am when the SUV carrying five members of the family dashed into the tanker parked on the Pune-Solapur section of the highway near Pakani village in North Solapur tehsil, nearly 400 km from South Mumbai, a police official said.
The family was travelling from Akkalkot tehsil of Solapur to Pune.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Four persons died on the spot, while one other was injured and admitted to a local government hospital, the official said.
Traffic movement was disrupted on the highway for sometime due to the accident but was later restored by police within a couple of hours.