The Maharashtra Congress Saturday demanded sacking of senior state Minister and BJP leader Pankaja Munde over an audio clip, in which she is purportedly heard “threatening” the chief priest of Bhagwangad hill shrine and sought a probe into the matter.
Pankaja is embroiled in a fresh controversy after the audio clip surfaced in which she is purportedly heard “threatening” a priest of the Bhagwangad hill shrine in Ahmednaagr district to allow her to make a speech on Dussehra.
Pankaja, in the unverified audio is also heard saying false cases would be lodged against the supporters of Namdev Shastri Maharaj, the chief mahant of Bhagwangad.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Namdev Maharaj, who enjoyed close relations with Pankaja’s father and senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde, reportedly fell out with her after Munde’s death.
“Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis should remove Pankaja from his Council of Ministers and not give a clean chit to her,” Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) spokesperson Sachin Sawnt told reporters here.
Sawant alleged that there was nothing surprising in what Pankaja is heard saying in the clip given the past allegations in irregularities in purchases of Rs 206 crore in her department.
“This is a law and order issue and misuse of ministerial position”, the spokesperson claimed and sought a probe into the matter.