Maharashtra cabinet today approved a policy under which instead of benefits in kind, the cash component will be deposited in the bank accounts of the beneficiaries of different government schemes. The decision was taken today at the cabinet meeting chaired by Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis.
Watch What Else Is Making News
“Instead of benefits in kind, the cash component will be deposited in the bank accounts of the beneficiaries. A decision to prepare a policy to this effect was taken during the meeting,” an official in the Chief Minister’s Office (CMO) said.
“At present, under various welfare schemes for different sections of the society, various things and goods, including fodder, agriculture equipment, insecticides, seeds, electric pumps, text books, are given to beneficiaries. Now, in order to boost the direct benefit transfer (DBT) policy, instead of these things, cash will be transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries,” the official said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Currently, cash in the form of scholarships, wages under the Employment Guarantee Scheme (EGS), pension, LPG cylinder subsidy, etc, is transferred to beneficiaries’ bank accounts, the official added.
The cabinet also gave its nod to bring a notification, which will make the Aadhaar number as the only criterion for establishing the identity of the beneficiary to avail subsidies and financial benefits of government schemes.
“Aadhaar number will be the only criterion to establish the identity of a beneficiary to avail financial benefits, subsidies and services under various government schemes. It was decided that a comprehensive notification will be prepared in this regard,” the official said.
A policy regarding terms and conditions for appointment of government officers and employees on deputation was also approved by the cabinet.
In another decision, state roads and bridges will be repaired under hybrid annuity model to attract more investment in the sector, the Cabinet also sanctioned Rs 990 crore project to make Mula and Mutha rivers in Pune pollution-free.
The state government will also avail loan from NABARD through the Centre under the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) to complete 26 large and medium irrigation projects.
The CMO official said loan worth Rs 12,773 crore would be availed from NABARD under the PMKSY.
Due to this decision, the pending irrigation projects will be completed and additional 5.30 lakh hectares irrigation potential will be created.