Even as the Maharashtra Election Commission recognised several political parties for failing to comply with necessary financial documents, as many as 15 new outfits have got themselves registered in the last few days. Elections to over 200 municipal councils in different parts of the state will be held during the year-end, while Zilla Parishad and corporation elections will be held in early 2017.
An official in the State Election Commission said 340 political parties are now registered with it. Out of 340, there are 17 regional and national parties, while remaining are all localised outfits who want to contest local bodies election as a political party.
Watch What Else Is Making News
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
Of the 15 newly registered parties, there are interesting names like Kaku-nana Vikas Agadhi, Amhi Jaisingpurkar Nagrik Vikas Agadhi. The other parties include National Black Panther, Krantikari Shetkari Paksh, Malshiras Nagri Agadhi, Bahujan Mukti Party, Janshakti Agadhi Karad, Srimant Bhaiyyasaheb Rajemane Panel, Badamrao Pandit Mitra Mandal, Karad Shahar Nagri Vikas Agadhi, Janaadhar Vikas party, Movement for Indian Muslim Agadhi, Labour Party Maharashtra, Rashtriya Veer Yodha Sanghatna, Janshakti Vikas Agadhi Selu.