AFTER ‘YOGA Day’, the centre has now decided to observe National Ayurveda Day. A circular issued by the AYUSH department to all states says there is a lot of ignorance about this ancient science and Dhanteras (Oct 28) will be celebrated as per the Indian tradition as National Ayurveda Day.
Watch What Else is Making News
Manoj Nesari, Advisor to the Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH), told The Indian Express that states across the country have been informed about this decision and the theme will be ‘Ayurveda for Prevention and Control of Diabetes.’
Dhanvantari is the God of Ayurveda and it is only fitting that National Ayurveda Day is observed on Dhanvantari Jayanti or Dhanteras, Nesari said. State AYUSH directorates, ayurveda educational institutions and pharmaceutical companies will commemorate the occasion by organizing public lectures, seminars and exhibitions. Health check-up camps and awareness programmes will be held on the occasion, Nesari added.
In the city, several ayurveda experts have welcomed the decision. Dr Suhas Parchure,former president of NIMA said ayurveda is an ancient Indian medicine system but ayurvedic medicine is not being sent to other countries. “We hope with the introduction of an Ayurveda Day, several issues will be taken up,” he said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest