Eleven days after a joint magistrate allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself, Kanpur police has sought permission from a local court in Kanpur to conduct narcotics test on her husband, accused of killing his wife.
The body of Pratibha Gautam, who was three months pregnant, was found hanging in her house at Circuit House colony on October 9. Her husband Manu Abhishek claimed that he had found the body after he returned from Delhi.
On the basis of injury marks on Pratibha’s body and other evidence, Abhishek was arrested on October 10 for allegedly mudering his wife as she refused to undergo an abortion, police had said.
The accused has still not confessed to have killed his wife, they said.
“Manu Abhishek was sent to jail on October 10 after police found evidence against him but the motive behind this murder is still not clear. However, a lot of evidence has been found against the accused which indicate his direct involvement in the case,” said Akash Kulhary, the new Kanpur Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) who took charge today.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The SSP said that narco test would be conducted soon after the court gives its permission.