Ravi Pachamuthu, son of founder chairman of SRM Group of educational institutions T R Pachamuthu, was on Thursday granted anticipatory bail by the Madras High Court in a land grab case. The court directed him to deposit Rs 8 lakh before the Metropolitan Magistrate Court, Egmore towards the construction of compound wall in the disputed land.
A complaint was lodged against Pachamuthu by Daisi Rani and Madhavarao that he had grabbed their property in the city following which a police case was filed against him.
The land was currently used to park buses owned by the SRM Travels illegally, the complainants said. Apprehending arrest, he had filed an anticipatory bail before the high court.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free