The BJP government Tuesday transferred two police officials, including a sub-divisional police officer, after they were blamed by right-wing activists for allegedly beating up RSS functionaries accused of creating communal tension in Petlawad on October 12.
SDPO (Petlawad) Rakesh Vyas was transferred and attached to Indore IG’s office till further orders, while Petlawad police station in-charge, Karnisingh Shaktawat, was also shifted to GRP, Jhabua.
On October 12, a Tazia procession was not allowed to be taken out along the designated route amid reports of a Hindu being attacked, allegedly by Muslims, in Dhar district’s Gandhwani town. The procession was forced to change its route one more time by a mob protesting the Gandhwani incident.
Later, Vyas was accused of implicating RSS functionaries in incidents of communal violence. The Hindu Jagaran Manch demanded action against Vyas and forced a shutdown in the district for two days, accusing him of biased action against RSS men.
Over the last four days, several right-wing organisations have taken out rallies in the town in support of the demand to act against Vyas.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016