With an aim to make Madhya Pradesh anaemia-free, the state government has decided to launch ‘Lalima Abhiyan’ on November 1. Minister for Women and Child Development Archana Chitnis stated that Lalima Abhiyan will be launched on November 1 in the state, an official of the Public Relation Department said today.
Under the campaign, free iron folic acid tablets will be provided in aaganwadis’, academic institutions and hospitals. Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has urged Health Minister Jagat Prasad Nadda through a letter to distribute ferrous escorbate tablets in place of ferrous sulphate tablets, he said.
The Center has assured full cooperation to the state government in the matter. Chitnis said anaemia is a common health problem in women, teenage girls and children. If a pregnant woman suffers from anaemia, the child born will be weak and of low weight.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
As per the figures of National Family Health Survey-4, 52.5 per cent women in the age group of 15 to 49 years and 25.5 percent men are suffering from anaemia. The minister added the absorption of iron elements in human body takes place due to availability of Vitamin C. Hence, constant availability of iron folic acid tablets will be publicised during the campaign, she added.
Beside Women and Child Development Department, Public Health Engineering, Ayush and School Education Department will be taken on board for organising Lalima Abhiyan. Natural, modern and traditional measures will be publicised for the campaign. Minister of State for Women and Child Development Lalita Yadav has appealed to public representatives, non-governmental organisations and government officers and employees to cooperate for the success of the campaign, he added.