A Dalit rape victim in Madhya Pradesh attempted to immolate herself after she feared that her alleged rapist, recently released from jail, would harm her. On Wednesday, the minor who hails from Nayagaon, Itarsi poured kerosene and tried setting herself on fire. The victim was later rushed to a hospital.
Speaking to news agency ANI, Anil Sharma, Itarsi Sub Divisional Officer of Police, said the victim was out of danger. “She has suffered third-degree burns on 40 percent of her body.” The victim’s father said that she took such a step out of fear.
“She was raped on February 16 this year. One of the accused was recently released from jail so she thought that he will kill her,” he said. While the main accused in the case is still in jail, the accomplice was released on bail almost two months ago.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Police believe that the victim has been in a ‘disturbed state of mind’ and hence she tried immolating herself. Soon after the incident, Yadav was arrested and booked under relevant sections of Indian Penal Code (IPC) and the SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, reports PTI. While the minor is out of danger, investigations into the matter are currently underway.