A 32-year-old man on Monday allegedly beheaded his father over a property dispute in the district and was nabbed when he was running away with the hacked-off head. The gruesome incident took place in the area under Baheriya police station limits, 15 km from the district headquarters, police said.
Manohar Lodhi had an altercation with his father Prahlad (67) last evening when the latter stopped him from cutting his standing crop of soybean over 16 acres of land at Semra Mojha village, City Superintendent of Police Gautam Solanki said.
Manohar beheaded his father Monday morning with an axe. When he was running away with the head, some people saw it and informed the police who arrested him, the CSP said. He said that Manohar was nursing a grudge against his father, who had two wives and two sons from each, for a long time. Manohar was the first wife’s elder son.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Prahlad had a total of 30 acres of land and had distributed 24 acres of it among his four sons, with each son getting six acres. He kept six acres with himself and bought another 10 acres some time ago. He tilled these 16 acres. Manohar believed for long that Prahlad loved his second wife’s elder son more than he loved him, the CSP said.
“We have booked Manohar under section 302 (murder) of IPC,” Solanki said, adding that further investigation was on.