Three women and four minors were killed on Monday while at least 12 other people were injured when a speeding truck ploughed into a group of devotees near Seoni, a police official said. The incident occurred near Banjari Mata Temple at Parasia village on Lakhnadaun-Narsinghpur National Highway, about 90 km from the district headquarters.
The victims were on their way to the temple to offer prayers on the occasion of the ongoing Navratri festival when they were hit by the truck, police said. “Seven persons, three of them women, were killed on the spot,” Lakhnadoun Police Station In-charge Shivraj Singh told PTI. Seoni Collector Dhanraju S and Superintendent of Police A K Pandey visited the accident site.
The deceased were identified as Manohar (7), Ankit Nagesh (8), Saroj (10), Rajendra (10), Salak (55), Gangabai Patel (58), and Narmada Yadav (45), police said. The injured, numbering at least 12, were referred to Jabalpur Medical College for treatment, he said, adding that the truck driver and his assistant fled from the mishap spot. Police have impounded the truck and launched a probe into the cause of the mishap.
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said