Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal may be inimitable, but now he may get a double — in wax.
Sources told The Indian Express that the India partner of London’s Madame Tussauds, which is set to open in Delhi next year, wrote to Kejriwal on January 11, requesting him to accept its invitation “to be an esteemed waxwork figure at the new attraction in Delhi”.
If Kejriwal accepts the invitation from Wizcraft Entertainment International (WEI), he is likely to be the first Indian chief minister to be replicated in wax by the iconic museum of life-size replicas.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Although the museum’s foray in India is a year away, sources said the London-based creative team of Madame Tussauds is expected to be in Delhi for a sitting with Kejriwal early in February.
The museum, which is located in 20 cities across Europe, USA, Asia and Australia, includes the wax statues of Mahatma Gandhi, Indira Gandhi, Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Aishwarya Rai, Kareena Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit, Hrithik Roshan and Sachin Tendulkar.
Writing to Kejriwal “For and on behalf of Madame Tussauds”, WEI stated that the life-sized wax figure of the Aam Aadmi Party chief will travel to the global locations of Madame Tussauds as a part of its collection.
Urging Kejriwal to “accept to join the family of world famous icons, heroes and celebrities already chosen for Madame Tussauds Delhi”, WEI stated that the museum wanted to honour Kejriwal for his “astounding work in the political sphere of India”.
Sources said WEI wrote to Kejriwal that the Madame Tussauds museum in Delhi will be one of the largest in the region and a “celebration of the greatest people of our country and internationally from their respective fields”.
Government sources confirmed that they had been approached by WEI and Madame Tussauds.
Delhi Culture Minister Kapil Mishra said, “Madame Tussauds will be among a number of tourist attractions that will be coming to Delhi. People would like to see a wax statue of chief minister Arvind Kejriwal.”
When contacted, WEI director Andre Timmins said, “Madame Tussauds will definitely come to Delhi in 2017.”
While the museum will procure land for its venture privately, it will be given the required licences and permissions by the Delhi government, sources said.