Prasar Bharati CEO Jawhar Sircar, who is to demit office on November 4, was Wednesday given a farewell by Information and Broadcasting minister M Venkaiah Naidu. Sircar had written to the I&B minister that he would like to quit Prasar Bharati by November 4 and his request was accepted.
Member (Personnel) Prasar Bharati S C Panda will now take over as the interim CEO, it is understood.
Sources said, Naidu gave a “touching farewell” at his residence to Sircar over breakfast, during which Minister of State for I&B Rajyavardhan Rathore, Chairman Prasar Bharati A Surya Prakash and others were also present. In his remarks, Naidu recounted the efforts put up by Sircar during his long career in the government and as CEO of Prasar Bharati and wished him healthy, productive and meaningful post-retirement life, an official said.
The minister also said that Sircar may now use his creativity and valuable experience in the areas of writing, cultural and literary activities as well as any other areas of his interest, he added.
Sircar, in his remarks, thanked the minister for his “touching” gesture and mentioned that it was for the first time in his 42 years of association with the Government that he had witnessed such a warm gathering during a farewell, the officials said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More