Two brothers were injured, one of them critically, in an explosion in Giaspura locality here today.
The duo were trying to extract metal from a scrap lying in a plot near a factory and a blast took place when they began hitting it, Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Dhruman Nimbley said.
- Chandigarh: Three attacked, hit with flowerpots in the presence of PCR vehicle
- UP: Class 11 boy shoots girl, self with father's licenced pistol in Ghaziabad
- Car mows down seven-year-old, driver dies of ‘cardiac arrest’
- Eight-year-old run over as juvenile reverses car in southwest Delhi
- Seven security personnel injured in IED blast along Chhattisgarh-Jharkhand border
- Punjab: 2 kids hurt in blast in scrap godown
The brothers were identified as Vipan (14) and Shiv (12), police said.
They were rushed to PGI in Chandigarh for treatment where Vipan is stated to be critical, police said.