Three years after a man attacked his then wife and father-in-law with acid, a local Moga court on Wednesday awarded him with life imprisonment and Rs 11 lakh fine. On July 11, 2013 Harinder Singh attacked Mandeep Kaur, then 25-years-old, and Shamsher Singh who were on their way to court for hearing their divorce case. Mandeep suffered 70 per cent burns on her face, neck, chest, legs and hands; her father too sustained 40 per cent burn injuries on his back and arms. Mandeep’s condition is serious and is still battling for her life in a Jalandhar hospital. She has undergone 48 surgeries on her face since the attack.
Watch What Else Is Making News
“We have already spent Rs 45 lakh on her treatment and major surgeries are still pending. Her life is still uncertain even after three years,” said Shamsher Singh, her father.
Additional district and session judge Lakhwinder Kaur Duggal on Wednesday also awarded life imprisonment to Harinder’s three accomplices Parvan Singh, Dapinder Singh alias Goga and Jagjit Singh. They were also fined Rs 2 lakh each.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Harinder’s parents and maternal uncle were acquitted due to lack of evidence.
Mandeep Kaur from Daiyan Kalan village of Dharamkot married Harinder Singh from Rasin village of Ludhiana on March 21,2010.
Kaur, a graduate in B.Sc nursing in her divorce application said that ‘Singh before marriage told him that he was an assistant sub inspector which was a lie.’ Harinder too registered case against his wife of getting a passport with fake documents.