The Delhi-Lucknow Shatabdi was evacuated and searched at Ghaziabad Sunday following information about a possible bomb threat. Delhi Police alerted Northern Railways about the threat and advised a thorough check of all trains including Rajdhani and Duronto Express between Delhi and Kanpur.
Delhi Police got a call stating a bomb in a train would explode within 72 hours, said sources. After checking, it turned out to be a hoax call, but coming a day after the Pathankot terror attack, officials stepped up vigil.
- JeM militants suspected to be planning attacks in Delhi: Police
- Delhi put on high alert, Naxals release 3 abducted youth: Your one-minute guide to what's making news
- Kurukshetra: Nine 51 mm mortar bombs found near railway station
- Bomb scare at Ghaziabad stn delays Sadbhavna Express
- Hoax call,accidental gunshot creates panic in train
- Bomb hoax delays Lucknow Shatabdi
Neeraj Sharma, CPRO Northern Railways, said GRP informed them at 6.25 am. The Delhi-Lucknow Shatabdi had already left at 6.15 am.
“The train was stopped in Ghaziabad at 6.48 am and all passengers were de-boarded and their luggage checked by the RPF, GRP, Uttar Pradesh Police and bomb disposal squad. The train was given a clearance at 7.40 am,” he added.
He said the bomb call turned out to be hoax. “We checked different trains and in general increased our security. We are taking all precautions.”
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
A few trains leaving and arriving at the New Delhi Railway Station were delayed as the anti-terror squad swept the entire premises.
A search operation was also launched across all railway stations in the city, covering all trains on the said route, said an official.
Dumbere Milind Mahadeo, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Railways), said, “We took all security measures and did not find any suspicious object. We will continue our surveillance.”
Dog squad being used by police to search trains at New Delhi Railway station after bomb scare. pic.twitter.com/YpM7GBvsEX
— ANI (@ANI_news) January 3, 2016