Shuttering between two under construction metro pillars in Lucknow on Sunday collapsed when workers were filling concrete to reinforce the portion between them, causing injuries to eight labourers.
There was however, no loss of life, District Magistrate Raj Shekhar said.
SP Rajesh Pandey said the incident occurred when metro workers were reinforcing the portion between the two pillars in Alambagh area.
- Chandivali building collapse: Family asks cops to probe call from phone of ‘missing man’
- Muharram procession: Nine injured in clashes between two communities in Uttar Pradesh
- Telangana: 7 dead in tunnel collapse
- Lucknow Metro breaks down on day 1, police lathicharge on SP workers: All that has happened till now
- Chandivali collapse: Over 24 hours later, 2 dead, 5 missing
- Mumbai: One dead as building collapses in Chandivali, ten trapped in debris
He said though few workers were injured, no death was reported.
Shekhar said eight workers were at the spot and all of them had been taken out and rushed to hospital for treatment. No one was trapped in the debris.
The debris was being cleared and relief was being provided to the injured and an inquiry will be held to find out how the mishap occurred, he said.
The incident led to disruption in traffic. Vehicles have been diverted from the area.