Shuttering between two under construction metro pillars in Lucknow on Sunday collapsed when workers were filling concrete to reinforce the portion between them, causing injuries to eight labourers.
There was however, no loss of life, District Magistrate Raj Shekhar said.
SP Rajesh Pandey said the incident occurred when metro workers were reinforcing the portion between the two pillars in Alambagh area.
- Zaveri Bazaar: Slab collapse kills three, one feared trapped
- Ludhiana fire tragedy: Six days on, search continues for three missing firemen
- Bhiwandi building collapse leaves 3 dead; structure was illegal, say police
- 'Revoke NSA against Chandra Shekhar': Tight security in Saharanpur as Bheem Army plans dharna
- Rae Bareli NTPC blast: Toll rises to 26, PM Modi announces compensation
- Sunday Dawns dark
He said though few workers were injured, no death was reported.
Shekhar said eight workers were at the spot and all of them had been taken out and rushed to hospital for treatment. No one was trapped in the debris.
The debris was being cleared and relief was being provided to the injured and an inquiry will be held to find out how the mishap occurred, he said.
The incident led to disruption in traffic. Vehicles have been diverted from the area.