A 22-year-old girl was shot dead allegedly by her neighbour, who police suspect could be a jilted lover, in Janakipuram Extension area of Lucknow on Saturday afternoon.
The girl had gone to the house of Sumit Chaurasiya, police said. Police received the information about a quarrel at Chaurasiya’s house at around 1.30 pm and a team reached there. They found the girl lying injured while Chaurasiya was not there, a police spokesperson said. The girl had suffered a gunshot injury on her head. She was rushed to the hospital where she died during treatment.
- MP schoolgirl, upset over exam paper, commits suicide
- Lucknow: Cop, wife held for daughter’s death
- Ghaziabad: 4-yr-old girl loses balance, falls to death from 10th floor
- Week after murder of prime witness in son’s killing, son-in-law shot dead
- Ballia student’s death: Private school teacher arrested
- Lucknow: Gunner ‘absent’, prime witness in her son’s murder case shot at; probe ordered
Additional SP (Trans-Gomti) Jai Prakash said the girl’s marriage had been fixed and the ceremony was to take place next month. He said the boy lived just next door to the girl so they could have been talking to each other.
Prakash said prima facie it appears that Chaurasiya entered into a heated argument with the girl as she had decided to marry the boy of her parents’ choice, leading to the incident. He said the accused escaped from the spot after the incident. hunt is on to nab him.