A very low intensity Improvised Explosive Device (IED) went off in a car parked near the Judicial First Class Magistrate court inside the civil station here, but no one was injured.
“A very low intensity IED was used to trigger the blast”, Director General of Police Loknath Behera told PTI.
Asked if Kerala police was viewing it a a terrorist act, the DGP said some pamphlets and a picture of al-Qaeda leader Osama-Bin Laden had been recovered from the spot. Behera said had also spoken to a central agency. The blast was similar to the one at the court premises at Chittoor on April 7 in Andhra Pradesh and Mysuru in Karnataka on August 1, he said.
An explosion had also occurred in Kollam civil station on June 15 this year near a court complex, in which one person was injured. Malappuram District Police chief Debesh Kumar Behera said that as the blast occurred, there was a smell of ammonium in the air.
A small cardboard box with the words ‘The Base Movement’ on top was also recovered by police from the spot. Today’s blast occurred in a car hired by the Homeo District Medical officer (DMO), which had been parked along with some other vehicles near the court.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More