Days after courting controversy over her ‘Muslim-mukt Bharat’ statement, Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader Sadhvi Prachi Friday accused Arab nations of “hatching the conspiracy of love jihad” by doling out cash rewards to Muslim youths who marry Hindu girls.
She said Muslim youths riding “shining bikes” gather “outside girls colleges” and take up a Hindu name to woo girls from the community. “He will marry our girls. That is love jihad conspiracy of Arab nations which give Rs 7 lakh for marrying a Brahmin, Rs 5 lakh for a Vaish, Rs 3 lakh for a Thakur and Rs 2 lakh for a Shudra,” she claimed.
She appealed to Hindu families to protect their daughters and bring daughters-in-law from other religions. “Let us take a vow — apni beti bachao aur bahu lekar aaoo,” she said. On the issue of Bharat Mata Ki Jai, Prachi said people who refuse to chant it were against India and “have no right to stay here”, adding if BJP wins UP, CBI probe will be ordered into Mathura and Dadri incidents.
- Rajasthan government sends school students to Jaipur fair, with lessons on 'love jihad'
- A marriage leaves Hindu girl’s family stunned, Muslim boy’s family silent in Jodhpur
- The Liberty To Love
- Agra Dussehra Celebrations: VHP to deploy Bajrang Dal to ‘save Hindu girls from love jihad’
- Fiery speeches to fatwas: Here’s the worst of right-wing diatribe
- Hindu men, go home and worship your manhood: VHP leader Pravin Togadia