A group of locals on June 18 damaged vehicles on noticing a truck carrying bovines parked in the Indirapuram area here and pelted stones at police personnel who reached the spot to seize it, police said.
The locals noticed the truck near a school and informed the police who reached the spot and seized the vehicle, SHO Gorakh Nath Yadav said. But some of them started pelting stones on the police party after which the policemen lathi charged the locals to disperse them, he said.
- Kolkata Policemen attacked, 7 held: Two students killed in mishap on way to exam centre, locals protest
- Govt staff injured in anti-encroachment drive as ‘residents pelt stones at them’
- Rajasthan: ‘Cow smuggler’ killed during chase, cops say came under own truck
- Delhi: Five days after clash, stones fly in Trilokpuri
- Rampur: Two held for ferrying 141 cow hides to Meerut
- 30-yr-old dies, five injured as SUV rams into truck in Mehrauli
Some locals also damaged the vehicles on the roads, Yadav said, adding the situation was later brought under control.
A case has been registered against 300 people under relevant sections of IPC for rioting, the officer said.
Efforts are on to identify the accused, he said, adding an investigation is underway.