- IPL 2018 Final Highlights CSK vs SRH As it happened: Shane Watson hundred wins third IPL title for CSK
- Jawaharlal Nehru death anniversary Highlights: Pranab Mukherjee lauds India's first PM for his contribution to democracy
- IPL 2018 Final social media highlights: CSK wins IPL for the THIRD time; Twitterati jump out of joy
A local BJP leader of Baran district has been booked in connection with the killing of a local Congress leader whose family has refused to cremate him till the accused is arrested and a proper probe conducted.
Sonu Goyal (33), Congress’ block general secretary and husband of Belkhedadang gram panchyat sarpanch, was attacked with sticks and iron rods by about 10 people on Saturday evening, police said.
He was rushed to hospital where he succumbed to injuries.
Baran BJP district president Naresh Sikerwal, Virendra Singh, Brijpal Singh, Mahendra Pal Singh, Inderpal Singh, Rahgav and Gourav have been booked in this connection under various sections of IPC including 302, SHO of Kasbathana police station Umesh Menariya said.
- Firozabad: Farmer beaten to death by upper caste men
- Allahabad: BJP corporator shot dead, SP leader detained
- Himachal Pradesh: Former Congress MLA’s cousin murdered, two arrested
- Rahul Gandhi’s Amethi visit: Congress MLC, leaders booked in three cases
- Congress leader beaten to death in Baran district
- Rajasthan: Congress leader beaten to death
Among them, Mahendra Pal Singh has been arrested while the investigation into the matter is underway, the SHO said, adding further arrests would be made after the probe.
Post mortem was carried out on Goyal’s body on Sunday but the family members are not ready to take the mortal remains for cremation till the other accused are arrested, the SHO said.
Baran city observed a bandh on a call given by Congress and some other organizations. However, no untoward incident was reported, police said.
State Congress general secretary Pankaj Metha condemned the incident.
He said it has never happened in Rajasthan that someone would be killed just because of political rivalry.
“The accused in the matter including district BJP president must immediately be arrested and the matter be investigated by CBI or senior probe penal from outside Jhalawar Baran region,” Metha said.
Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje’s son Dushyant Singh is the Member of Parliament from Jhalawar Baran constituency.