Mumbai based film executive Barun Kashyap has confessed to have cooked up a story of getting bullied by a driver accusing him of using a leather bag made of cow hide. According to a Mumbai Mirror story, Kashyap – who made these allegations in August – has confessed during the police interrogation that he did this to spark communal tension in Mumbai.
The report states that Kashyap told the interrogators that his act was inspired by his ‘hatred for the Hindus’. The police say that Kashyap wanted to play a victim of Gau Rakshaks.
Kashyap had put up a Facebook status in August narrating the entire incident in which he said that the auto-driver along with two other men harassed him after they accused him of carrying a bag made of cow hide. He also registered a formal complaint in the DN Nagar police station on August 19.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
As the Facebook post went viral, Maharashtra government faced pressure to take a swift action prompting CM Devendra Fadnavis to make a statement.
Kashyap was earlier granted bail on October 11. He had reportedly gone on hunger strike alleging torture by Amboli police. He hails from Assam and works in a creative production house in Mumbai.