Aam Admi Party (AAP) Goa on Wednesday slammed the BJP government, terming the laying of foundation stone for Greenfield airport project in North Goa by Prime Minister Narendra Modi as “farce”. Modi on Sunday laid the foundation stone for the international airport at Mopa village in Pernem taluka in North Goa under Mandrem constituency. “What Prime Minister has done on Sunday is nothing but eye wash. BJP has miserably failed to complete the procedures to start the work at Mopa airport and has played a drama by asking PM to digitally lay foundation stone of the project,” Devendra Prabhudesai, AAP candidate from Mandrem constituency told PTI.
Watch What Else Is Making News
The AAP leader said several procedures like land acquisition is yet to be completed.
Prabhudesai, who will take on chief minister Laxmikant Parsekar in Mandrem constituency, said both projects — Mopa airport and Tuem Electronic City projects — whose foundation stones have been laid by Modi, are “mere farce at this point.”
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“Entire land required for the Greenfield airport project is yet to be acquired. People who have lost their land for the project, are still agitated over the rate offered to them. Their issues are to be settled,” the 53-year-old teacher turned politician said.
“Considering the time that has lapsed since the project was sanctioned, the work on construction should have begun by now. But it does not seem to be happening in the near future. BJP laid foundation stone for this project just to earn the credit as state might have election Code of Conduct at any time,” he said.
The Greenfield airport project will be designed, built, operated and transferred by GMR Airports which has signed a concessional agreement with the state government.