Sri Lankan Navy personnel today arrested 28 Indian fishermen on charges of crossing the International Maritime Boundary Line and fishing in their territory.
The fishermen belonged to Pudukottai, Pamban and Tuticorin and they were taken to Kangesanthurai port, Assistant Director of Fisheries Department Gopinath said.
One mechanised boat and two country boats of the fishermen were also seized by the navy personnel, he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
This is the fourth detention of Indian fishermen by the Sri Lankan navy this month on the charge of fishing in the island nation’s waters.
Eight fishermen were arrested on March 3, while 29 others on March 6 and another batch four on March 10 by the Sri Lankan Navy at different locations in mid sea.
She had also sought the Centre’s intervention for the release of all the arrested Indian fishermen and their fishing boats in the custody of Sri Lanka.