Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) said it will participate in International Yoga Day celebrations by supplying khadi yoga kits.
“On the advice of Ministry of Ayush, KVIC has made yoga kits of khadi, designed by National Institute Design (NID). The kit includes dress for men and women, khadi mat, khadi napkin and a tri-colour khadi garland,” the commission said in a statement.
KVIC Chairman V K Saxena said the commission will offer special 30 per cent discount on these yoga kits.
- Cloth, idea, brand: What is khadi, to whom does it belong?
- 600 bee boxes to be distributed under ‘Honey Mission’
- AICF adopts Khadi as uniforms for International meets
- ONGC to offer khadi vouchers to employees: KVIC chairman
- IITF: KVIC, SBI set up 200 debit, credit card swipe machines
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission launches mobile application
The male and female kit will cost Rs 1,500 and Rs 1,350 respectively. New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) has already ordered 1,000 kits.
These kits are available for sale in Khadi India sales outlets in New Delhi, Mumbai, Patna, Bhopal, Ernakulam and Kolkata. Saxena said that this is for the first time that KVIC is entering into such activities which will generate extra employment for artisans.