A MONTH after the brutal murder of a migrant couple at a tubewell near Kurali, the police investigation has found that it was the handiwork of some close acquaintances of the victims. The police are in search of four such persons who are said to be suspects in the case.
Sources in the police told Chandigarh Newsline that during the course of investigation, it was found that the murders were carried out by some migrants who were known to the family. The police had zeroed in on some close acquaintances who used to visit the victims on numerous occasions.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“In the last one month, we have questioned many migrant labourers, landlord of the victims and the man who had employed the couple. Our investigation has almost concluded that the murders were carried out by some migrants who knew the couple and also knew where they used to sleep,” said an officer who is part of the investigation.
Sources said that they suspected the role of four persons who used to talk to Pankaj Pandit, one of the victims, on many occasions. These four persons used to live near the tubewell house where the victims stayed and worked as labourers. The motive of the murder, sources said, was not theft. There was some enmity as the couple was brutally murdered by the assailants and the woman was also raped before the murder.
Pankaj Pandit and his 22-year-old wife were found murdered on the roof of a tubewell at Faatwan village near Kurali on the morning of August 28. The couple hailed from Uttar Pradesh.