A minor spark in the third rail, which supplies power to metro trains, caused panic among passengers who were evacuated from the train and a nearby platform on Wednesday. Around 9 AM when a metro train was approaching the ‘Masterda Surya Sen’ station in Bansdroni area in southern part of the city, the control room at Metro Bhawan noticed spark and smoke coming out from the third rail.
Officials said the train was immediately halted and all passengers from it and the station were safely evacuated as a precautionary measure.
For about 60 minutes during the peak office hours, all Metro services between Tollygunj and Kavi Subhash metro station (New Garia) were stopped.
An inspection of the third rail by a team of engineers found that a foreign object had come in contact with the line leading to a spark, officials said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016