A woman CISF constable allegedly shot herself on duty with her service revolver at Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International airport in the wee hours Thursday, an airport police official said.
The incident took place at Gate number 3 of the airport. The constable, identified as Lagni Biswas from Assam, was rushed to a hospital where she breathed her last, the official said.
Tension prevailed at the airport following the sound of gun shot and senior CISF officials and airport police personnel rushed to the spot, he said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The body has been sent for post mortem, the official said adding a suicide note was recovered from the constable.
Preliminary investigations revealed that Biswas had lent money to a person and this may have become a bone of contention in her family, the official said.