Two persons were charred to death as a devastating fire on Thursday gutted a gas cylinder godown in Tangra area of the metropolis. Officials at the city police control room have said so far two persons have been charred to death. “We are yet to confirm if the casualty is more,” they said.
Fire Brigade officials said seven fire tenders were rushed to the spot at Christopher Road soon after the fire broke out at around 1.00 PM. The blaze was brought under control in about two hours, they said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Despite the place not being officially a gas cylinder godown, it was being ascertained how so many cylinders were stored there, the officials said.
The entire area was cordoned off and traffic diverted in all adjacent roads.