CPI(M)-led LDF government has roped in eminent Carnatic vocalist and playback singer K J Yesudas as the brand ambassador of its ambitious ‘Haritha Keralam’ (Green Kerala) project, a massive initiative envisaged for a garbage-free and clean state. Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Monday informed the state Assembly that the veteran singer had given his consent to be associated with the project.
“The government will take the initiative to clean all public water sources in the state. Ponds and streamlets will be cleaned in the first phase, while rivers, lakes and other water bodies in the second phase,” he said. “Yesudas has given consent to be the ambassador of the government’s Haritha Keralam project,” Vijayan said in his reply to a submission raised by Muhammed Muhsin (CPI) on the degradation of the Bharathapuzha, a river which occupies a significant position in the cultural history of the state.
Quoting recent findings of the state Pollution Control Board, he said the presence of coliform bacteria had increased manifold in Bharathapuzha and sewage and waste dumped by hotels located on its banks was the cause for its present pathetic state. One of the most ambitious initiatives of the LDF government, Haritha Keralam project focuses on a number of issues, including garbage disposal at its source and renovation and cleaning of public water sources.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing