- Gujarat assembly elections 2017: Nation watches with bated breath
- Cyclone Ockhi: Rahul Gandhi writes to PM Modi, seeks special financial package for rehabilitation of victims
- Gujarat Assembly Elections Results 2017 LIVE UPDATES: Early leads show BJP ahead in 86 seats, Congress in 76; CM Rupani trailing in Rajkot West
Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi Sunday offered a ‘Chadar’ on behalf of Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the dargah of Sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti and asserted that the government was committed to ensure development of every section including minorities.
Naqvi read out the Prime Minister’s message in which he greeted the devotees of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti in India and abroad on the occasion of 804th Urs.
Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti was an amazing example of our country’s great Sufi traditions. Garib Nawaz considered service to the humanity as best form of ‘Ibaadat’ (worship), it is a source of inspiration for us even today, the message read.
- 'Chaadar' offered on PM Modi's behalf at Chishti's dargah
- Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi to offer chadar on behalf of PM Modi at Ajmer dargah
- To reach out to Muslims, BJP men parrot Modi’s message on Khwaja Chisti
- Politicians, filmakers queue up at Ajmer Dargah
- Sonia Gandhi offers chadar at Ajmer Sharif
- Sheila Dikshit offers chadar for Ajmer dargah
Modi also wished that annual Urs brings peace and happiness across the world.
“We will have to strengthen this social base of harmony and unity and we can defeat the forces, who are engaged in the conspiracy to create divide and conflict in the society, only with the help of this strength of harmony and unity in the society,” Naqvi said.
While asserting that patriotism is in the DNA of every Indian and they are passionate about protecting the country’s pride, Naqvi said terrorism and radicalism has failed to establish its roots in the country because of its communal harmony.
“This strength has defeated the challenge of terrorism always. Development of the country and trust of the people is the only commitment of NDA government,” he said.
“Some political parties have been engaged in baseless debate even on the sensitive issue of nationalism, they have been trying to divide the society to block the country’s development process,” he added.
These people are not able to digest the development works initiated by the Modi government because they were making efforts to misguide people for a long time, he said.
“But we have to remain alert so that the evil forces, who want to disturb world peace, prosperity and security by misusing religion, can be defeated.”
He also expressed his condolences on the loss of lives in the tragic fire incident at Puttingal Devi Temple complex in Kerala’s Kollam Sunday.