Kerala Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Bureau Director Jacob Thomas has claimed that his emails are being hacked and phone calls being tapped.
In a complaint to DGP (Law and Order) Loknath Behera, Thomas, a DGP-rank officer himself, has demanded a probe into the alleged phone tapping. Thomas has raised the complaint at a time the VACB has been conducting a probe into several corruption cases in which senior IPS and IAS officials are allegedly involved.
Watch what else is making news:
Last week, Thomas had informed the government of his intention to quit as the VACB Director following reports regarding financial irregularities in the port department when he had headed it.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
In his complaint rushed to the DGP Saturday, Thomas said the alleged hacking of emails and tapping of phone calls infringed upon his privacy.
DGP Behera said he had not given sanction to any officer to tap Thomas’s phone calls. “There are strict guidelines of the SC on phone tapping. However, there are many ways to tap the phone calls and hack mail. An officer of the rank of IG can tap the phone for three days without prior permission. But the same has to be immediately informed to the Home Secretary and get the phone tapping ratified,” he said.
The DGP, however, said he had not seen the complaint sent by Thomas. If any officer has tapped the phone calls without permission, he would face action, he added.