Two children, aged two and four, drowned in a well near their house at Pilankatta in the district today. The children, identified as Ramzan (4), son of Hameed and Nazwan (2) son of Shabeer, were playing outside the house around mid morning while their parents were preparing food. The parents found the children missing when they went out to look for them, police said. They launched a search with relatives and feared they might have been kidnapped, but then found gap on a net placed across a well.
Watch What Else Is Making News
They found the children struggling for life in the well, which had water of 10 feet depth.
On hearing the screams of the parents, people nearby jumped into the well and brought the children out.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
A police team led by Badiyaduka SI, A Damodharan reached the spot on hearing the news and moved the children in their vehicle to a nearby Community Health Centre but they died en route.
The fathers of both children are working in the Gulf.Both families are staying at the same residence
Police suspect the children could have fallen in after climbing up the parapet around the well, which is very short through a mound of blue metal kept nearby it.