Saritha S Nair, prime accused in the solar scam, on Wednesday produced pen drives and CDs before a commission probing the scam, claiming it contained “evidence” linking top state politicians with the scandal.
Speaking to reporters after producing the documents before the Justice B Sivarajan Commission, she said more digital proof would be produced before the panel on May 13.
- Solar scam: Kerala High Court bars publication of Saritha Nair letter for two months
- Kerala solar scam: Former CM Oomen Chandy says probe report findings still not known
- Oommen Chandy asks for solar scam probe report, law minister A K Balan refuses
- Denied natural justice by government in solar case: Kerala's ex chief minister Oommen Chandy
- Solar scam: Setback for ex-Kerala CM Oommen Chandy as LDF govt orders vigilance probe
- Solar scam: Had freedom to enter Oommen Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha S Nair
Saritha dismissed Chief Minister Oommen Chandy’s claim that he has no connection with her and the scam.
“The evidence I produced before the Commission will prove the role of some top politicians, including the Chief Minister, in the scam,” she said.
Saritha claimed the digital documents contained evidence of what she had written in a letter while in police custody.
She had in the letter, which was recently aired by two news channels, alleged that the Chief Minister and a host of other leaders had sexually abused her.
Dismissing the charges, Chandy has filed a criminal defamation case against Saritha and four journalists of two news channels, complaining that they hatched a conspiracy to defame him by airing the news item on April 3 and 4, to the effect that he raped her.
The complaint filed before Chief Judicial Magistrate Court, Ernakulam, said they released a “truncated letter (allegedly written by her while she was in judicial incarceration) wherein it is stated that she was raped by the complainant in his official residence–Cliff House, Thiruvananthapuram.
“Common sense fails to comprehend as to how such an incident can occur in the Cliff House, where the complainant is residing with his family, and several security guards,” the complaint had said.