Television channels in Kerala Wednesday aired the audio of a purported conversation between Congress state general secretary Thampanoor Ravi and ‘solar scam’ accused Saritha S Nair in which Ravi can be heard tutoring her ahead of her deposition before a judicial commission.
- Kerala solar scam: ‘Chandy aide spoke to key accused 507 times in 1 yr’
- Kerala Solar scam: Saritha gives ‘evidence’ to back claims, hands over CDs of ‘chats with Cong leaders’
- Story of Saritha Nair -- the woman at the centre of solar scam
- Solar eclipse
- Arunachal crisis, Kerala solar scam, Imphal encounter: The top stories today
- Decoding Kerala solar scam: Here's all you need to know about it
In the audio, Ravi, a loyalist of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, can be purportedly heard telling Nair that her statement before the commission should be in line with what Chandy had said. In his statement, Chandy had told the commission that he had met Saritha three times.
Both Nair, who deposed on Wednesday, and Ravi told TV channels that they had a phone conversation on Tuesday. Nair also said someone she knew may have recorded the conversation.
The purported conversation is as follows:
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Ravi: Saritha, you should be able to answer questions very well. You should say you had not met Chandy in Delhi.
Ravi: Two times in office and another time on a stage. You should watch what our man (the government counsel) says.
Nair: Okay, okay. My statement would be recorded tomorrow.
Ravi: Saritha, you should be careful… while answering questions.
Nair: That cross-examination by Bjiu (Radhakrishnan, co-accused)…
Ravi: Yes, that scoundrel. He would be trouble. The statement should be very safe.
Nair: Okay sir, I understand.
Ravi: When is the examination slated for tomorrow?
Nair: Tomorrow morning, sir…
Ravi: Yes, yes, read today’s (newspaper) Mathrubhumi.
Nair: Okay, I will. One website has given Chandy’s full statement.
Ravi: What are you going to say about the letter? (Nair had written a 21-page letter and handed it over to her lawyer while she was lodged in a jail in Pathanamthitta. It reportedly contained names of VIPs and a senior police officer allegedly linked to the scandal.)
Nair: The letter was stayed. (The Kerala High Court had Monday stayed an order of the commission to produce the letter before it.)
Ravi: What will you say?
Nair: That is a personal issue. It was not related to this issue.
Ravi purportedly advised Nair to consult the government counsel before appearing before the commission to record her statement. Nair purportedly said she would meet the counsel directly as the phones used by her and the advocate could be tapped.