Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee joint secretary M R Ramadas was arrested Monday in a murder case in Thrissur. Police said the arrest was in connection with the murder of a youth named M Satheesh, 28, of Shornur this month. Ramadas had allegedly helped detain the victim in a flat for two days, destroyed evidence after the crime, and helped the other accused escape after the murder.
- Jisha rape and murder case: Quantum of punishment to be pronounced today
- Trinamool leader shot dead in Bengal: UP ATS, WB Police arrest 7 from Varanasi lodge
- Three arrested for Kerala RSS activist Vadakketharakath Anandan’s murder
- Ryan school murder case: Pradyuman Thakur murder case joins a list of several other 'botched-up' investigations
- Kerala lawyer listed as 7th accused in realtor murder case
- Kerala nun murder: Suspect had killed another nun this year, says police
The prime accused in the murder is Youth Congress leader V A Rasheed, who is absconding. Police had earlier arrested two of Rasheed’s friends, Shashwathi and Krishna Prasad. According to police, Rasheed, Shashwathi and Krishna Prasad, along with Satheesh, had travelled to Kodaikkanal in Tamil Nadu in February, returned to Thrissur the next day and stayed at Rasheed’s flat. Apparently under the influence of liquor, Satheesh picked a fight with the others, who allegedly tortured him and locked him up.
Fearing that Satheesh would reveal the relation between Rasheed and the woman, they tortured him for hours, leading to his death, police said. They added that Ramadas had visited the flat on two days while Satheesh was being held captive. After the murder, Ramadas helped Rasheed and Shashwathi escape, police officers said. Police later arrested Prasad and Shashwathi.