Kerala government has ordered a probe by a special task force headed by Inspector General of Police Balram Kumar Upadhyay into complaints of lottery frauds involving single-digit lotteries in the state.
Replying to a notice seeking adjournment motion on single digit illegal lotteries trade flourishing in the state, Finance Minister T M Thomas Issac informed the Assembly that government viewed the matter very seriously and stern action would be taken on the basis of the report of the STF.
To take on the single-digit lottery operators, the state would telecast live the result of the draw of Kerala State Lotteries everyday, he said. “Government has an open mind on the issue. It has be to curbed. Government is ready to accept any suggestions from the Opposition side,” Issac said.
“The single-digit lottery, locally known as ‘written lottery’, is actually illegal betting. It is suspected that an organised group is behind the lottery which operates more in the Northern parts of the state,” he said. People become addict to this kind of betting quickly, he said.
Seeking leave for the motion, V D Satheeshan (Congress) said it was operated online and through SMS messages. The ‘lottery mafia’ from other states were trying to gain strength in Kerala in a different form as they were pushed out of the state few years ago, he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Opposition leader Ramesh Chennithala wanted the government to take stern action against single-digit lotteries as it has already started affecting the state-run lottery. He alleged that “benamis of lottery king Santiago Martin” were behind it.