Heavy rains lashed southern Kerala and several areas are now facing the threat of flood, as the South West monsoon intensified in the state.
The Kollam District Collector has declared a holiday on Thursday for all educational institutions except professional colleges in the district following the rains.
Wide-spread loss of property has been reported in several regions of southern part of the state.
- Monsoon set to arrive in Kerala on May 29: IMD
- Kerala on alert after warning of depression over Arabian Sea
- Northeast monsoon season largely normal for southern states
- Extensive damage in Kerala’s coastal areas after heavy rain
- Kerala: Landslips claim nine lives,Kochi airport runway closed
- Heavy rains disrupt normal life in state
The Met office has informed that heavy rains will continue to lash the State till Sunday. There are chances of winds with a speed reaching up to 60 km occurring in the state.