Heavy rains lashed southern Kerala and several areas are now facing the threat of flood, as the South West monsoon intensified in the state.
The Kollam District Collector has declared a holiday on Thursday for all educational institutions except professional colleges in the district following the rains.
Wide-spread loss of property has been reported in several regions of southern part of the state.
- Northeast monsoon season largely normal for southern states
- Cyclone Ockhi: Over 500 stranded fishermen rescued; IMD says ‘very severe’ storm to intensify further
- Cyclone Ockhi highlights: Death toll rises to 12 as heavy rains lash Kerala, Tamil Nadu
- Rains again in Chennai, suburbs; Schools reopen
- Monsoon matched forecast, but high deficiency in some states
- Rain continues to lash Kerala, disrupts normal life
The Met office has informed that heavy rains will continue to lash the State till Sunday. There are chances of winds with a speed reaching up to 60 km occurring in the state.