Kerala Minister for Welfare of SC/ST A K Balan has sparked a controversy for his alleged remark on infant mortality among tribals at Attappady, the largest tribal zone in Kerala.
Replying to a question on infant mortality among Attappady tribals after the LDF came to power, Balan reportedly said in the Assembly last Wedneday, “Four have died. One was because of abortion. That means the pregnancy happened during your (UDF) period. It was delivered now. I am not responsible for that. The second one was due to some problem with the heart valve.that pregnant was also during your period. I am not responsible for that…”
Watch what else is making news:
After his comments came under criticism from social media, Balan on Monday said the controversy was created to tarnish the image of the government.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
Replying to a rights violation notice moved by the Opposition, the minister urged the Speaker to examine the CD of his statement in the Assembly. “If there is any fault with my statement, I am ready to correct it,’’ he said.