A Muslim youth from Kerala prevented his wife from breastfeeding their newborn baby for a day, citing a preacher’s instruction. The incident was reported from Mukkom in Kozhikode district. Abubacker has reportedly said that the newborn must be breastfed only after five prayer calls from the mosque — a span of 24 hours.
The hospital staff came to know about Abubacker’s order only after his wife Hafsath refused to breastfeed the newborn.
Hafsath gave birth to their second child at the private hospital on Wednesday noon. When she was asked to feed the baby, she refused, citing Abubacker’s instructions.
Abubacker told the hospital staff that a Muslim preacher had advised him that the newborn should be breastfed only after five prayer calls from the mosque. He did not relent even after police came to the hospital, and furnished an affidavit that he would take responsibility if anything happened to the newborn.
District collector N Prasanth said action would be taken against the father and the preacher.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation