Senior IPS officer Thomas Jacob, who was removed as the state chief of fire and rescue services under duress from builders, on Thursday said he would not go after politician to retain any post.
Thomas, an officer in the rank of DGP, was shunned out after he initiated action against builders who had flouted safety norms.
Days back he assumed office as the managing director of state police construction corporation, a post held by junior officer.
Addressing a function in Kochi on Thursday, Thomas said after he was removed from the Vigilance department in May this year he wanted to continue with the Vigilant Kerala. (The Vigilant Kerala is a special drive of the vigilance and anti corruption bureau to detect corruption in local bodies with public support).
- Kerala: Senior IPS officer suspended after criticising Ockhi rescue efforts
- Anti-govt remarks: Ex-Vigilance chief Jacob Thomas faces suspension in Kerala
- Pinarayi Vijayan recommends action against officer for writing book while in service
- Now in favour, now out, Kerala cop Jacob Thomas who often takes on high-ups
- RTI response debunks Oommen Chandy's claims about senior IPS officer Jacob Thomas
- Kerala: Fire service chief Jacob Thomas, who took on builder lobby, removed
Thomas said he could have continued with the post if he had approached politicians. But, such move would weaken our stand, he said.
Meanwhile, the chief secretary on Thursday issued a notice to Thomas seeking explanation on his open comments against chief minister Oommen Chandy and Home minister Ramesh Chennithala.
The decision was taken by the cabinet which was irked over Thomas’ expose about nexus between politicians and builders. Days back, Thomas had stated that he had witnessed builders holding discussions with Chandy and Chennithala after he denied sanction for illegal structures.
He said he had acted only for the safety of people.
The other day, a reply under RTI had revealed that there were no complaints against Thomas in writing.
The reply from the chief minister’s office had debunked Chandy’s claim that Thomas was removed from fire force in the wake of complaints.