A Juvenile court in Kerala has ordered police to file a case and launch a probe into the alleged incident relating to the minor son of IGP Suresh Rajpurohit driving his father’s official car inside the Police Academy campus here.
The order in its regard was issued by Juvenile Justice Board Principal Magistrate on a petition filed by one P D Joseph.
The court directed that a case be registered under section 156(3) of the CrPC and Sect 23 of the Juvenile Justice Act and a probe conducted.
- Former Kerala CM Oommen Chandy faces Vigilance probe in solar scam
- Don’t say love jihad in every here and there, says Kerala High Court
- Hadiya case didn’t warrant probe by NIA, Kerala government tells Supreme Court
- Kerala 'love jihad' case: SC to examine whether HC can annul marriage
- Plea in Supreme Court to stall NIA probe into marriage of Kerala woman
- Her journey from Akhila to become Hadiya
The state government had also ordered a probe, headed by ADGP (Training) Rajesh Diwan, earlier this month after the incident came to light.
The probe was ordered after television channels earlier this month aired visuals of Police Academy Director and IG Suresh Rajpurohit’s son, a higher secondary student, driving an official car in the campus.