A young couple were charred to death when the petrol tank of the motorbike, they were travelling in, exploded after it collided with a goods-laden lorry at Pazhali on the city outskirts, police said Monday.
The accident occurred Sunday night, when 29-year-old Majeeth, riding the bike along with his wife Jijimol (24), tried to over take another vehicle resulting in its head-on collision with the lorry near the Pazhali Metro hospital, they said.
The couple were proceeding to Ramapuram in Malappuram, from Vadakara.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Majeeth was burnt to death as his leg got stuck in the crash bar, while his wife who was flung away in the impact of the collision, also died of burns, a few minutes later, police said.
A case has been registered and investigations are on, they said.