After sparring in public for days with Kozhikode MP M K Raghavan over the use of MPLADS funds in his constituency, District Collector N Prasanth Monday tendered an unconditional apology over his sarcastic reply to the Congress leader on his Facebook timeline.
The war of words started after Raghavan accused the officer of delaying the release of funds for projects in his constituency and sought “map”, which means apology in Malayalam. Prasanth kicked up a storm by posting the map of Kunnamkulam town in his Facebook response.
- Two arrested in Kerala for not allowing child to be breastfed
- Why a Kerala IAS officer's rebellion against the system has the public enthused
- Why the Kozhikode IAS officer posted a map on Facebook
- Kerala schools closed due to heat wave
- Kozhikode IAS officer does it again: Now offers biriyani to clean water body
- Kozhikode collector goes all social, gets more than a few likes for his work
But finally on Monday, the officer declared that he never had any intention to insult the MP. “I need not show any ego towards the MP, who is several notches above me in position, experience and age..I am tendering unconditional apology to him,” the collector said in a Facebook post.
The IAS officer’s reply came after the MP sought Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan’s intervention in the matter. The CM directed Chief Secretary S M Vijayanand to look into Raghavan’s complaint.