Condemning the attack on their party worker in Pinarayi town in Kannur district, the BJP on Wednesday responded calling the incident unfortunate and slammed the ruling CPI(M).
“Very unfortunate report from Kannur that a BJP activist was killed by CPM terrorist; we strongly protest this,” Kerala BJP spokesperson MS Kumar was quoted as saying by news agency ANI.
Read More: Kerala: CPM worker killed, party blames RSS
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The incident comes just days after a CPM worker was hacked to death in politically sensitive Kannur, making it the seventh political murder in the district this year. MS Kumar also slammed Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on the attack saying,” Pinarayi Vijayan acts as if he’s a ‘gunda’ leader.”
According to a report in Manorama Online, Ramit, a BJP worker, was attacked in Pinarayi town in the district early Wednesday. The report said he had grievous injuries and was admitted to a hospital in Thalassery, but later succumbed to his wounds. It’s being reported that Ramit’s father Uthaman was hacked to death by alleged CPM workers in 2002.
Kerala state BJP has also called for a shutdown in the state on Thursday from 6 am to 6 pm over the worker’s murder in Kannur.